Friday, September 15, 2006

Weekly Wrap Up

Colin Powell is an American hero.

My question to the GOP: If your opinion is in the minority, and you accuse your opponents of being unpatriotic, don't YOU run the risk of being the traitors?

*************************
Actual writing news for a change. I've had a story sitting with Neo-Opsis Science Fiction Magazine, an up-and-coming Canadian publication, for over a year. I finally heard back from the editor who, sadly, rejected it.

BUT!

He liked it and showed it to a new publishing company who was working on a Best Of Neo-Opsis anthology. The book's editor is interested in some original content and allegedly wants to include my story. I haven't heard back from that guy yet, but if all goes well, I'll have another credit to my bibliography (such as it is.)

I've had another story published by Neo-Opsis, so maybe it will make the cut for the Best Of collection. It's entitled "Putting Off 'Til Tomorrow..." and you can read a brief review here.

One of my writing goals was to be published in a 'best of' collection, so I'm very excited. In fact, I've gotten somewhat of a boost in interest in writing again. My idea tank has been dry for about a year, but I've had some interesting concepts lately. I'm going to look at some stories I have and get them polished up and submitted. Then we'll see about starting something new. The effort required, though, is somewhat scary. Not sure I'll have time to write and play. I may have to (gasp) compromise.

I'm going to pimp out some of the other stories I have available for sale in a later post, so keep an eye out.

Poker is goot, but nothing noteworthy. My 'roll's hovering around the $350 mark. My goal is $400 with 5k hands played before I move up to 1/2 LHE. My question: Is the number of hands sufficient in terms of 'putting my time' in at my current limit? I'm trying to avoid the rapid upward hike in limits then subsequent crash.

Good weekend yo. I'm heading to an actual par-tay tonight so I'll let you know if I find myself naked, violated, and chained to a street sign tomorrow morning. (One can only hope.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Hi, CL.

If you feel like you are ready to move up to $1/2 limit, then it does not matter how many hands you have played. More important is the bankroll that you take to that limit.

Most people would tell you that you need 300 big bets at a minimum for a given limit, so you would need around $600 to move up. No matter how good a player is, it is possible that he/she could hit a run of bad cards. That's why it's a good idea to have a good size bankroll.

$400 would give you 200 big bets. That is most likely enough. The worst downswing I have ever hit was 170 big bets over a three week span in February at $2/4 limit. That's pretty close to 200 big bets.

3:40 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Thanks, Mike.

My plan would be to return to a lower level if I lost 100BB's.

Of course, now, I'm not running too well so I probably won't be moving up anytime soon!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home