Friday, September 01, 2006

This Will Not be a Good Post

Just some disjointed tidbits to wrap up the week:

1. Fought back from being stuck 20BB's at a Stars .25/.50 limit table to finish up about a dollar and a half. Very satisfying to come back and post a winning session.

What's a 'bone' in relation to poker? Someone kept referring to other players as 'bones.' Given the context, I'm pretty sure it meant the same as fish or donkey. Has anyone heard this expression before?

2. Fantasy Football draft this weekend. This is a much more fun draft than my other league, as it's made up of my good friends from college. I've won back-to-back championships in this league and finished ITM last season.

3. Made reservations for AC! Not until March, though, and during the week. Weekends are just plain too expensive and I'm not confident that a poker player's rate will be available. It's a Thursday night, though, so I'm confident there will be action as it'll be getting close to the weekend. I'll have to think about playing a tourney- there's no other way but to consider it as -EV and it'll take precious time away from the cash games. Hmm, guess I've already made the decision.

I don't want to spend all my time at the Trop this trip. I want to try Caesar's renovated room, and maybe hit the Borgata. What I'd LIKE to do is build my 'roll at a 2/4 table then move up to 3/6 or even 5/10. We'll see.

4. The Bush Administration is now saying that people who don't support them in the war in Iraq are appeasing terrorists, and suffer from "moral confusion." That's nice. How soon before we have to round up these immoral appeasers to ensure a safe monarchy, er, country?

Oh well, I can't worry about that now. I need to get ready for the sickening display the GOP is planning for the 5-year anniversary of 9/11. It's unseemly how they claim each year's anniversary as their own, stirring up our fears for their gain while insinuating that they're the only ones patriotic and Christian enough to truly understand it. Then, as they drape themselves in the flag and rhetorically parade the dead in front of us, each of whom would vote Republican, presumably, if Clinton hadn't let Al-Queda kill them, they have the nerve to accuse Democrats of using the issue for political gain AND of being unpatriotic terrorists.

And I suppose most of the Little Brains out there who are too lazy, or dulled by their addiction to TV, or bullied by their clergy or by talk radio hosts, will lap it up again and vote for the GOP, who really couldn't give a shit about anything other than keeping the cash grab for the rich going for a few more years and pushing religion down our throats to keep us stupid and unquestioning.

Okay, I didn't intend to go on a political rant, but our country's in the worst mess I've ever seen and I'm tired of being quiet about it.

Anyway, have a good labor day holiday and win some money at the tables!

1 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

No sweat going into a political rant, CL. Some of us are thinking along the same lines as you.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home