Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Competitiveness -EV for Poker?

I realized something today. Competitiveness is not always an asset in Poker. Not in the actual playing, but in the psychological realm:

I had a very lucrative (for me) week last week- won about 60 dollars/BB's, with about two thirds of it coming on Friday and Saturday. Yesterday, I drop $20 and I'm upset.

WTF? Excuse me? The need/expectation of winning every session is really silly and unrealistic. I'm way up for the week, month...hell...the year, and I'm sulky over ONE measly $20 losing session? Please.

I'm gradually getting the whole winning/losing thing into perspective and tempering my competitive spirit with reality, but there's still work to be done, obviously.

*********************************

Speaking of work, I'll soon be putting this blog to work. So, if anyone has an ad they want to pay me to put up, shoot me some info and a link and I'll give it a look-see.

I'm hoping to make enough money to fund part/all of my upcoming Reno/San Fran trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home