Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oh, Sweet Endorphins

Mowed the lawn last night and that gave me a good boost. I need to see my doctor- the endorphin rush from that little bit of exercise was like a bong hit. Me thinkee my happy pills need to be tweaked.

In the near future, I think I'll write a bit about depression and how it feels to me.

For now I'll leave you a few things to ponder:

K9o, 68o, 39, A4o, 72o, Q3o, Q6o...

These are not good starting hands. Yet, this is just a mere sampling of the hands I got over and over and over last night. Card deadness=me.

The results of my last two sessions:

+$0.00 with a stack fluctuation of -18BB's and +1BB.

+$0.75 with a stack fluctuation of -4BB's and +4BB's.

Both nights at full attention levels, heavy into the grind. Glad I'm not doing this for a living.

On that tangent, I think it would be pretty cool to be a pro. Wow, what an earth shattering statement! It's incisive commentary like this that keeps 'em coming back. Seriously, I'd dig the sense of being my own employee, setting my own hours...I'd have to move, though, because I'd have to split my time between live and online...unless Pennsylvania suddenly decided to allow poker rooms. Fat chance of that, and just as well, because the Mistress would euthanize me if I even suggested it. (She lived through the unfortunate career change from social worker to brewer- I wouldn't put her through something like that again.)

Let me leave you with this question:

Which is more frightening:

A. That the US operates secret prisons, joining the ranks of the USSR, China, Nazi Germany and countless other dictatorships;

B. The fact that our President feels comfortable enough admitting, in public, that we operate such prisons.

Think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Real quick...I leave after work and play all night...then I head back the next morning on the 5:00 am bus. Or I go after work on Friday and stay the whole weekend...only way The Rooster rolls, baby!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

I like that-sleep on the way home. I've got to do a whole weekend trip sometime...forty-eight hours without sleep, that's a party!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home