Thursday, June 22, 2006

Whine Alert

Did you watch that game last night? Those guys sucked! They just plain sucked. They were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!
-Homer Simpson

Okay, I've had a dark cloud hang over me for the past day or so. Please make allowances.

My limit skills suck. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I dropped over six bucks yesterday and I had to make a tough call: My 'roll can't support my current limits. I'm moving back to .02-.04 limit hell. FUCK ME!

I did money in two SNG's yesterday, though. I either do well in one or the other, never both. It's probably an attention thing, but it's not all that, as I played just limit for part of last night and still sucked. Has anyone had the some trouble? Is playing a limit cash game and a NL tourney at the same time a bad idea?

All I know is that I'd better pack my bathing suit for AC, I might get stacked within an hour. Oh yeah, that's right, it's supposed to rain all weekend.

*******************

I'm assuming, of course, that I even get to go. My car crapped out on me yesterday. One minute, okay, the next, no electrical systems. My guess is a bad alternator, as the battery isn't that old. My repair guy is real busy too, so I'm expecting a call that he won't be able to get it done before Monday. This is going to be a hellish weekend for me if I can't go. There's going to be a cranky CL with a really sore uterus around the Russo house. FUCK ME!

**********************

So, I miss work yesterday, which could potentially screw up my vacation plans both this weekend and down the road, as it's iffy as to whether I'll have enough leave time to go on our family vacations. Not to mention the fact that I had to cancel a visit with someone I work with for the third time. That's professionalism for ya! FUCK ME!

***********************

What else did I miss yesterday? Oh, not much, just an e-mail from a supervisor in another office reaming me out. Best part? It was sent to about thirty other people in the agency, including two of our regional directors. Completely classless, and without the common decency to talk to me privately. I mean, Jesus, call my supervisor if you're that pissed, but don't do the equivalent of dragging me to the city square and publicly humiliating me.

At least I have the solace that she was completely wrong and I have the support of both my self-directed team and my supervisor. Yay, I feel so warm and protected. FUCK ME!

5 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

Funny thing about limit poker at the "donkey" levels, which also describes the games I play:

You can win big long-term, but you cannot control the variance swings... and those swings can be huge. I'm down something like 200 big bets over the last two weeks, so I know from whence you speak.

It'll turn. It always does.

10:23 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Thanks for the encouragement. How do I keep from crying though? :)

5:13 AM  
Blogger drewspop said...

Good luck in AC if you make it. I am sure your game will turn around. Just keep playing the way you know how.

8:33 AM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Since you're playing online, it's OK to cry. I stockpile Kleenex boxes beside my PC for this very reason. People think I have a continuous cold...nope, I tell them it's just a lingering case of river rout. :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Thanks Drewspop. The likelihood of the trip happening went up a bit- car is getting looked at as we speak.

Jusdealem: I reserve the crying for the quiet, introspective moments. When I get beat on the river, I tear off my clothes and run, naked and screaming, down the street.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home