Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Monkey Capitulates; Drops Deuce

BB's to go: 659.3 or $65.93.

The battle of wills is over, and everyone won.

The Big Monkey was a bit green about the gills when she came home yesterday. When the Mistress asked her if she had to go potty, she just nodded and walked to the bathroom. They didn't flush the results so that I could witness my eldest's milestone. To make things even more happier, she was even dry this morning.

It seems like we've converted her from savagery to civility, as she was more than happy to void her bowels twice this afternoon. (The 'potty presents' she got in return were good motivators, I'm sure.)

Okay, I'm just realizing how gross this subject must be to all (3) of you. I promise, no more updates, unless something particularly humorous happens.

***********************

I'm in a limit game, a bit bored, checking out where everyone is from. I notice there's someone from China playing, and I was hit with a revelation:

You can play online poker in repressive Communist China, but not in Washington State. Is there not something fucked up about this? The country, with the recent help of the Supreme Court and their frightening new interpretation of legal search and seizure, is moving towards a police state faster than I would have imagined.

Quite frankly, we're starting to look more and more like China. Gulags, domestic spying, expanded law enforcement powers, a sophisticated propaganda machine that protects the ruling elite and tries to destroy dissent...all we need to do is start rounding up the 'intellectual elite' and we might as well start memorizing Mao's Little Red Book.

Not to be overly dramatic, but the US has changed so much since 2000...I don't really want to think about how things will look five and ten years down the road if we continue in our present direction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

1. You will grow to miss the diapers. I know this seems insane, but trust me on this one.

2. I didn't vote for Bush, so I'm not to blame.

3. Fido was as good as Dead that day, I won round 2 with the dog, and he has never growled at me or the kids again.

5:54 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

1. You're probably right-after our youngest is out of them!

2. Me neither, but I'm feeling guilty for sitting by and doing nothing.

3. Good! I love dogs.

7:45 AM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Funny how when you become a parent, I have 3 boys, that typically gross subjects suddenly become everyday life. :)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home