Monday, June 19, 2006

No Sleep 'Til AC

BB's to go: 653 or $65.30

I'm on no sleep, bro.

The Russo family is in new territory: The Big Monkey is sleeping commando. That's right, without a diaper.

Perhaps some backstory is in order. My eldest, aka Big Monkey, is four and is completely potty trained. During the day. At night, she relishes in pooping in a diaper as an act of daring individualism, flying in the face of parental restrictions.

Until last Friday, when the Mistress and I decided to Take Back the Night. "No diapers anymore, girly."

"Kay."

"You can't poop in your bed, either."

"I knooow."

Yeah, right. We woke on Saturday morning expecting to find a fecal wonderland in our daughter's bed. Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised. The same result on Sunday morning as well.

The only problem is this: She wasn't pooping during the day, either. Last night, her belly was sticking out ominously.

"Hon, why don't you try to poop?"

"I don't have to!"

Yeah, right. I was so worried about the fudge explosion that loomed over us that I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up, thinking I should go in and put the Monkey on the potty and dreading what I might find if I went in there.

Finally, the sun rose and the inevitable could no longer be avoided. I pulled back the Monkey's covers and...no mess! Ahh, relief. Only, how is she going to make it through another day without 'going?' Hopefully, she won't. Let daycare earn the money we pay 'em!

I can't imagine what it's going to be like if she holds out until tonight. I doubt I'll be getting much sleep.

********************

Our AOL is on the fritz. We ALMOST made it a year before having to replace the software. Damn AOL, why can't I quit you!?

The break from Poker is actually a good thing, I think. My limit game is static- I'm not making any head way towards my BB goal. I'm not sure exactly what's going on. I know I'm not stopping when I fall behind, or switching tables. I get down two bucks and try to dig out instead of just accepting the loss. Worse, I'm getting way up and not stopping to lock in a winning session. I was up about a buck and a half on Friday and told myself that I was going to stop with a profit, but kept playing until I was down. That six cent loss was harder to take than other times when I've lost 2-plus dollars.

***********************

AC this weekend! AC this weekend! Got a lot to do- gotta get the car in for service, got to print out directions and my hotel reservations. The Mistress scheduled a play date for the Big Monkey this weekend and we want to have the back yard looking nice. After it's all done, though, I will have the payoff! Sometimes working your ass off before a trip makes the trip all that much more fun.

I'm counting on making money at the limit tables, so I hope my game picks up by then!

2 Comments:

Blogger surflexus said...

Hey man, I could get a room comped but I have to be there to show my I.D. I'm still trying to get in touch with a friend of mine that is better connected with the Trop. I'll leave you a message on here if I have any luck. My e-mail is surflexus@comcast.net if you need it...surf

5:31 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

No problem, Surf. It's really kind of you to try. I owe you one, either way.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home