Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Enough Whining

BB's to go: 673.5 or $67.35.

Okay, enough bitching. This is my first serious run in with variance or consistently poor play, or whatever. Crying about it just perpetuates the tiltiness.

The 5-10 cent tables made a brief appearance again on Poker Stars. "Sitting" down at one of these tables drove the fact home that I was definitely scared money at the 10-20 cent tables. I was comfortable being aggressive and I played much better. There does seem to be a marked difference in skill level between the two limits, however.

Add bonus: Moneyed in another dollah tournament. Forty-three cents and a confidence boost.

I'm reading the section on river play in Small Stakes Hold'em and I'm finding it pretty abstract and hard to master. I don't have high expectations though. I'm not on any type of time table and I'm happy to try to absorb it passively for now. I'm still trying to become proficient with the strategies for the earlier streets.

So, these are the latest developments in the Atlantic City trip debacle. My parents said they could take the Squirtlins (I know that'll make Felicia think I'm 'retarded'- guess I'll just have to find some way to live without her approval) so I made reservations for June 24th. Then they call me and say they can't do it. Great.

The Mistress came to my rescue and is graciously allowing me to go by myself. Actually, I think she's feeling a bit guilty because she's going to visit her sister in Reno in July, and I'll be at the mercy of my kids for a week.

But, in addition to scuttling a much-needed weekend to ourselves, my parents backing out has shot down a second AC excursion I was going to make in August. We're heading back to Wildwood with my in-laws and I was going to get a furlough to spend a day losing money as a reward for my stint as a single parent. Now that I'm going alone, though, I've been informed that second trip has been cancelled.

Confused? Me too. I'm sure the plans will change again down the road.

No poker tonight! 'Lost' season finale!

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

I'm sorry.

http://felicialee1.livejournal.com/107276.html

5:48 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

No prob.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home