Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Grinding

BB's to go: 502.9 or $50.29

First, go give Surflexus your best wishes- his son comes home from Iraq today. Wouldn't hurt to pass along your thanks for his service as well.

I'm slowly coming closer to poker reality. No more twenty or thirty BB nights. Lately, I've been dropping between ten and twenty big bets early, then scrabbling back to a one or two big bet night.

I've been tired lately. I find a little tiredness makes me more patient, less prone to stupid aggressiveness. Fatigue, though, makes me chase and hold onto losing hands.

Skill-wise, I've gotten to a point where I'm successful at the limits I'm playing, but it's making me lazy. I prefer playing to reading, which isn't bad by itself, but I really need to keep up the book work- I need to brush-up on my preflop skills, and I haven't mastered all of the basic post-flop concepts yet.

Also, I really need to adjust my game to the table. To a point, I'm disciplined. I'm following the recommendations for loose tables set out in Small Stakes Hold'Em. But, when I come across tight/overly aggressive tables or players, I don't change my game. I can get away with it now, but will I be able to do that when I'm at the 5/10 tables? Doubt it.

I'm going to try to put up a more instructive post this week. I need to master what Sklansky says about playing draws. I also want to review what he says in SSHE about playing small and mid pocket pairs.

I think I'll be playing in the WWdN tonight. (OOO, Chris, you're so cool) That money I won in the Blue Veiner has been such a hassle, I want to give it back tonight.

Finally, I've got the go ahead to play at the Hardware Bar this Friday. Mmm...Hardware Bar waitresses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guin said...

Sounds like you are running well in the MTTs... maybe NL MTTs are your game!

Keep it up.

6:34 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Or blogger tourneys!

I can't understand how I can do better against people who know what they're doing, but I can't get past 17th place in a SNG with a bunch of donkeys.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home