Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blue Veiner Memorial

BB's to go: 603.4 or $60.34

Note: I made a slight error- I didn't realize there was a level between .05-.10 and .25-.50. So, the new goal is $60 dollars, which is 300BB's at the .10-.20 level.




Password: Monkey

I think, just for the sake of irony, I should win this thing.

AND, THE CHAMP IS....

BG

First, here's a quote from the Champ:


"Faggle Bogey don't know jack about shit. "

This was directed at
Dugglebogey who'd highlighted some of the Champ's enlightened thinking earlier that week.

Now, I give you exhibit 2:

"Did he call you "Faggle Bogey?" I was especially proud of that one."

That comment was posted by BG here.

Misleadingly written sentence? Intentional admission?

Also, the reason behind the Champ- the whole idea, really- has the same dark, introspective, dare I say somewhat masochistic, qualities that many of BG's posts have.

My theory is that many of what Jordan would call "B level bloggers" knew what the deal was. I'd include Jordan and Duggle on that list, and probably many of the linked bloggers on the Champ's site.

Will we ever know the real truth? It's probably more likely we'll find out who exactly was on the grassy knoll on that fateful afternoon in Dallas. And yet, perhaps the poker blogging community will be better for having it's own mystery...(cue spooky music)

Meh. This post was a lot more interesting when I was thinking it up.

Edit: Okay, I suck. Apparently, the real identity of the Champ is Daddy, and it was revealed here. Two weeks ago. On a very prominent blog that I should be reading more frequently. Unfortunately, I can't give you back the time you spent reading this worthless post. However, if you play in the Blue Veiner, you might have a chance of winning my buy-in, which, considering my play, is pretty much a donation.

7 Comments:

Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Well hell, that's me.

Day late dollar short.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

LOLOL!! I knew it was Daddy, but didn't see that it had been posted on the Poker Profs blog.

7:28 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Ah, I guess I was the only one left out of the loop.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Sorry, yo. I found out from another blogger and didn't know if I was at liberty to say.

4:12 PM  
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

No, you were right about one thing. Boy Genius did come up with the "Faggle Bogey" thing, as Daddy wanted BG to reply to me because BG knows me better than Daddy does, and thought he might be able to get under my skin better.

It didn't work, of course. I am very accustomed to being called a fag. After all, I do play online poker.

4:14 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

and you blog. LOL

5:03 PM  
Blogger BG said...

That's not exactly right Duggs... I had written two or three other Champ posts, and Matty got busy and asked me to do the freakout post that was needed in that spot. It really wasn't because I knew you better - which at that time I really didn't - it was just a timing thing.

Doesn't mean it wasn't fun though.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home