Friday, May 05, 2006

A Good Day

BB's to go: 516.4 or $51.64

Today was like one of those fly dreams,
Didn't even see a berry flashin those high beams
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Ice Cube's a pimp"
Drunk as hell but no throwin up
Half way home and my pager still blowin up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.

-Ice Cube, "It was a Good Day"









Punked out of work yesterday. Fell asleep in front of the compu-master and decided I needed some R and R. Headed home and fell asleep to the soft sounds of Spring, and a cool breeze blowing in my bedroom window. Woke up about three hours later (Ahh, rejuevenation!) and won a modest 8BB's at the limit tables.

It seems like the 5-10 cent competition is only slightly better than the 2-4 cent donkeys, but I've noticed that the winnings are much more modest. I've had one monster day where I won fifty-one BB's, but a usual day is under ten.

My kids were in joyous moods this evening, even if the Mistress wasn't. She's a crab in the evening anyway, so it's somewhat easy to not let it bother me. Sort of like a light fog in the AM- somewhat annoying, but nothing that's going to cripple the whole day.

Then, I sat down to what I thought would be another humiliation at the NL tourney table. Especially since I'd be playing the likes of TripJax, Katitude, and Mookie.

That's right, I'm talking about the Big Blue Veiner, The Champ Memorial Tourney. Only thirteen playas, but it was a great time. Everyone was nice and interesting. It's much more fun to play with a group of people who have a connection than a bunch of anonymous donkeys.

And, I took THIRD for twenty-six bucks! Truly shocked, since my NL tourney skillz=poo poo. I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't as tired as usual, or because I wasn't playing any other games, or I was just in touch with my inner Brunson, but I was calm, comfortable, and I could feel the rythym of the table. In general, the two tables I played on were tight and somewhat weak. Aggression paid off and, when I realized this I capitalized. I only won four or five pots at showdowns, but thirty without.

Things got cooking when I trapped Miami Don with the nut flush against his second-nut flush. I was more patient than usual, slow-playing and setting him up. Later on I did the same with a full house, although I can't remember who that was against.

Finally, it was down to me, Mookie, and SniperGuy, who had a commanding chip lead. I went out to him, I think, missing my nut flush draw. And happily so. This is my largest tourney finish, money wise, and it's a HUGE boost to the 'mad money' portion of my 'roll. Plus, it was ironic that I won back my prop bet with the Champ plus fifty percent in his memorial tournament.

Congrats to Sniper and Mookie, who took first and second respectively. Also, Bloody P needs to be commended for making a valiant stand with his short stack.

So the tournament was over and...just in time for UFC! Could the day be any better?

7 Comments:

Blogger Heavy Critters said...

UFC and KFC, what could be better? LOLOL!!!

Hey, good to play with you last night. Thanks for the shout out. I KNEW I shouldn't have called with that damn AJ, but whattya gonna do?

Thank God Hoyazo pushed at me with the Hammer, or I never would have lasted as long as I did.

Nice score, CL! Congrats!

8:32 AM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Enjoyed playing with you guys last night. Great job.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

CL,

For PWNED:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

1:41 PM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey C,

A private table is set-up for us on stars..Table name Veneno heads up..

I am signed on to AOL as yosoyveneno..but you are not on...

The password is poison...

Here is your chance to meet the Poison..gl

9:19 PM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

oops..my screen name on yahoo is yosoyveneno3

9:20 PM  
Blogger ragecg said...

Hey CL, I just liked you up, as I too grew up in York, and went to West York High:)
Small world.
See ya at the next WWdN:)
PS, Ironicly, I now live about 15 miles from BloodyP:)

7:56 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Cool Rage, I'm returning the favor.

It was my wife that grew up in York, I lived in Mechanicsburg. E-mail or yahoo me (bluto392) and we'll see what friends we have in common.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home