Wednesday, May 10, 2006

WWdN Profit

BB's to go: 502.1 or $50.21

Finished in the money at the WWdN! Went out ninth on a stupid move (more on that in a minute.) I was disappointed that I'd bubbled out after playing so strong, then I heard my e-mail ping.

What? Oh shit, nine places paid!

I'm so happy about how I've played in the blogger tourneys lately that I don't want to over analyze it, just want to enjoy it. I will say that they suit my comfort zone.

I learned a valuable lesson about level headedness and concentration during my brief stint at the final table. I'm dealt pocket 10's and the flop is 8K8. I fall into what I'll term "flop madness."

"Two-pair, two-pair, two-pair, I'VE GOT TWO PAIR! There's no way anyone could have a king! Who would dare have a king when I've got two pair? I'll just go over the top all-in...DOH!"

If this hand had happened an hour earlier, I'd probably have laid it down. Losing my head in one hand did me in. Oh well, lesson learned.

Finally, there is a world of difference between playing with a bunch of people who you have some connection to and playing with anonymous icons from Bad Munchenhausen. I'd have had a great time if I'd busted out early, and I can't wait to play again.

6 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats on the final table and money last night. Great job.

8:23 AM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

I'm glad those chips that I donked off to you helped you out. :-) Congrats!

Dave Westbay
aka yestbay1

9:32 AM  
Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

Nice work mate. I'm glad you discovered you had "accidentally" cashed!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Guin said...

Nice on the cashing in the event.

And pushing is never as bad as calling an all in!

1:43 PM  
Blogger ragecg said...

Awesome job man:)
I busted in 40th, 7 spots ahead of Will, but it was my first, and now I know that sadly, I can't play loose around these people, unless I get a luckbox stack early:)

Oh well, live and learn, see ya next tues:)

7:08 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Thanks everybody! It's definitely on again for next Tuesday.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home