Friday, January 13, 2006

20 Minutes

So...is it bad to bust out before the first orbit's completed? Or when people at your table say "Why did you call? I never would've called with that."

I'll save the blow by blow (too painful) and give the most salient details:

Hero: Big Slick

Flop: JJK

SB pushes and I call, he pushes and I call, I push, he re-raises, I call

Showdown: SB has a J

OF COURSE HE'S GOT THE FUCKING JACK, THE DAMN WAITRESSES KNEW HE HAD A JACK!

If I'd been playing online, I know I wouldn't have called that hand down like an idiot. I was so keyed up to be playing live, I lost my head.

No, I didn' t tear my clothes off and run around the room gibbering. Maybe I should have- I might have saved some face.

I'm off to compound the agony in a PokerStars tournament

3 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Nice to meet you, good luck on live poker. I would like to try it and see if the cards play out differently on then on Pokerstars.

You are a funny guy and though you didn't run around tearing your clothes off, you might try it, you may end up on the week's highlights.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

P.S. I was JessieSK

7:51 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I played a free game at a bar several months back. I busted out in the first hand like a complete noob. Very embarrasing.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home