Wednesday, January 11, 2006

WTPT Final Table

Made it to another final table at a World Tavern Poker Tour event last night! Finished up 8th when I was forced to go all-in in the BB and my pocket threes were outdrawn by A7. Can't wait to see what I earned in points.

Not that I'll be able to play enough to make it to the top ten and earn a spot in the regional championship. If I haven't mentioned it yet, my live play is contingent on whether or not I lose weight. Any loss means I can play of Friday, and losing more than a pound means I can play on Tuesday. I may be able to switch that order, I'll have to check with the boss.

The Tuesday game has a higher EV than the Friday one. I've made it to the final table in 2 out of 3 tourneys. It's smaller and the competition doesn't seem to be all that good. Even though there's no money involved, the prize structure is better also, with Friday's game a winner take all event. The Friday game is for money, though. The regional champion gets a buy-in to a tournament in Atlantic City, but that's too far off and unlikely to take into account. I guess it doesn't really matter- this isn't my job.

*******

Here's a politically incorrect observation: there are some hot chicks playing poker. Sure there's a healthy representation of women who look like a healthy part of their income comes from giving hummers in the parking lot and most of said income goes towards imbalming themselves in Jack Daniels, but there's also quite a few young, middle-class women who are knock down hot and can play well. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, except that its a pleasant surprise when most of the people I see playing are men, many of whom look and act like they're playing because their social schedules aren't cluttered up with things like dating or family life and that's the way they like it.

I ask your forgiveness for the previous paragraph, I'm on four hours sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home