Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Myth of Full Tilt

I wasn't really surprised by it, but it did take me some time to realize the inside joke at Full Tilt:

The pros aren't there to help you learn to play, they're there to help themselves to your money!

It's painfully obvious that Ivy, Hanson, and the like are bothered by the hoi paloi and are interested only in harvesting the cash of whales.

Sure, once in a while, someone like Allan Cunningham will play a bunch of low limit games, as he did last night. Yet, he wasn't interested in chatting, just playing. He might have been a tad bitter having to be exposed to variance to such an unusual (for him) degree.

Lately, I've been trying to get some of the pros to sit down at my limit. I've either been ignored (chat probably turned off) to "maybe, let me finish the SNG I'm in." No FT pro has showed up yet.

Look, I understand where they're coming from. Unlike most of us, their job is, simply, to make money. Time spent donking and pressing the flesh in 1/2 limit is time that they could be earning.

Yet, I think they'd be doing themselves a favor if they acted the part of promoter once in awhile. Yeah, it's fun watching Ivy methodically stack someone- for about five minutes. To be stacked by Ivy? I doubt I'd get enough of that.

So, come on guys, sit at my table once in a while!

Just as an aside, does Lederer, Harman, Clonie Gowen, and Eric Siedel even PLAY on Full Tilt anymore? Does Lederer play ANY poker anymore?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

How do you know who the pro's are ??? I probebly call one a fish LOL

7:38 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

They're names are in red.

Those are the 'name' pros, however. You can't tell who the unfamous guys are, the ones grinding their rent.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Um, I'd rather NOT play a pro. The fish are just fine for me.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

Yea - really - WHY would you want to play a Pro!

8:13 AM  
Blogger surflexus said...

Yes CL, they still play. I've played in a tournament with Seidel, Lederer, and Clonie all 3 within the last few weeks. I havn't seen Jennifer on there in a little while.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home