Friday, October 27, 2006

Checking in

I don't post as much as I used to, do I?

A few reasons for this: I don't want to post from work because of the past debacle. When I'm home, I'm watching flops and I'm not particularly interested in posting. So, less output.

Not much to say, either. I wasn't prolific with 'educational' posts anyway, and I'm at a point where I'm not to motivated to do any study, just practice. I kid myself by saying I'm improving in real world situations and there is some truth to that. I'm getting a feel for bluffing now. Overall, I think I bluff a lot, but it seems to be correct in that Full Tilt has a lot of wary players and few calling stations. I would say I win more hands by bluffing than I lose, at least for now.

But, really, I'm just not as interested at learning new skills at this point. This will change, I'm sure, as I'll get more into it again, especially if/when I move up in levels. I think I'll have to sharpen my game if I get up to 2/4.

"If" is the key word. I've adjusted my goal of moving up to 2/4 from 'intermediate' to 'long term.' Mainly because I think my play will be, at least, interrupted in the next few months, if not outright stopped. I'm going to cash out my bonus, rake back, and anything over 200BB's each month and make what I can while the cash cow is still breathing.

I'm definitely going to try to keep playing and investigate work arounds, but I'm going to be realistic. If I have to shell out caish for a shady dial-up or an offshore account just to access a poker site, I doubt I'm going to do it. There are some ideas that are interesting and free, though.

Nothing exciting in non-poker land, except that I get some free time this weekend, as I'm opting out of attending the York Halloween Parade. Woo-hoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

FWIW, no one seems to be posting as much in the poker blogging community. I guess this "law" has created some type of malaise and/or caused some folks to reassess where they stand with the time they put towards playing and blogging about online poker.

Sad, isn't it?

11:37 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Yep. Feel helpless? I do.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Helpless? Yep and it has a whole hell of a lot to do with things that are not exactly related to online poker...

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home