Thursday, November 03, 2005

Still at Home

Still not back to work yet. My energy level is so LOW. I'm going to shoot to sleep in tomorrow and try to get into work at least in the afternoon.

In the meantime, I've been sucked in by the poker bug. Been playing on line at www.pokerstars.com for almost all of the last three days. I've made some noticeable, but slight, improvement. I bought a book for beginners. Sheesh. I'm serially monogomous when it comes to hobbies, so this might not be a good sign for my writing career. I have to remember that I actually get paid to write (sometimes, at least) and I'm more successful as a writer than I ever will be as a poker player. I need positive, immediate, feedback, which is why I think I'm liking the poker now, as oppossed to barely hearing anything about my submissions.

Which leads me to:

WRITING NEWS:

Heard that the story selection process for Chimeraworld 3 is in it's final cut, to be completed after this weekend. Since I haven't heard anything about my story "Key Man," I'm assuming it's on the short list.

I've got exactly zero questions as the guest writer on the Carnival of Wicked Writers message board. Wait, are you trying to tell me that my paltry four publications in obscure markets hasn't developed a large following for me? Nonsense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home