Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stream of Consciousness Wednesdays

Me: “Hey, how did you like going to New York City with Mommy?”

Big Monkey: “There was a huge line at the Vampire State Building!”

*****************************************

There was a report on the news today that Steve Hadley, the director of the National Security Council, told Bush that the Iraqi President might be working with the militias to consolidate Shiite power.

No shit? I’m not anywhere close to be a political analyst, but I thought that seemed to be pretty obvious based on what I’m seeing in the news (all the news, by the way, so don’t bother lecturing me about the commie-liberal mainstream media.)

Is the incredibly obvious the best that the NSC can come up with? The lack of coherence, innovation, and plain brainpower in this White House is scary. If you don’t believe me, read “State of Denial.” It’s amazing we were able to invade Iraq- no one knew what everyone else was doing, and no one seemed to want to take responsibility to lead the damn thing.

**************************

I’m predicting I’m going to bust out at Full Tilt. The past 2-3 weeks has been disastrous: I’ve managed to turn $350 to about $65. I’m in a nihilistic shock- I’m not going down in limits, I stubbornly stick to 1/2, risking an ultimate defeat.

It’s been a never ending mélange of long stretches of crappy starting hands, missed flops, not getting paid off for my good hands, and soul-killing suck outs. Playing hands poorly in this situation just magnifies the damage. It would be funny if it was you. But it’s me, so forgive me for not laughing.

I’m afraid, if things don’t turn around, that I’m going to have to do something that I’ve pledged not to do: reload. I would content myself with playing freerolls until after Christmas when I get some mad money if I wasn’t having surgery in a few weeks.

Here’s the paradox: I’m going to be paycheck-less for about a month due to the surgery and I don’t have money to spare, but I'll go stir crazy if I don’t have poker to occupy some of my time.

This really sucks. I was playing well for a while and, between winnings and bonus, I was able to cash out $200 bucks last month that was going to go towards a Disney World vacation in 2008. Now it'll put food on our table instead.

*******************

God, I hate Baltimore. It’s full of stupid, lazy people who don’t care about anything. It’s amazing anything gets done here. While the people in my office are competent and work hard, for the most part, most of the other agencies and ALL the city government offices I’ve come in contact with are inefficient and ridiculously ineffective.

For example, it’s taken three years for a residential agency to get a form completed for a consumer who wants to join Special Olympics. THREE YEARS! And that’s with me and the person’s mother whipping and flogging them like stubborn oxen. Come to think of it, I’m still not sure if the person’s signed up yet.

Between the snobbish, nouveau riche who follow the most hateful brand of conservatism, where everyone is either a patriotic rich person like themselves or living only to serve them and the feral, out of control urban population which has not the least shred of politeness, shame, or a sense of civility, Baltimore is full of the most unpleasant, rudest people I've ever had to associate with. (And I grew up in South Central Pennsylvania- you'll know you're there when people go out of their way NOT to hold the door for you.)

Bah, I'm in a bad mood today! My arm freaking hurts-feels like it's not a part of me. I'm actually counting down the days until my surgery.

8 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Hang in there, C.L. When are you scheduled for surgery?

Lady Luck found a nice time to take a dump on your head, ugh. Consider dropping down in limits, if needed. You'll definitely need something to do while convalescing after surgery and playing some poker will help keep your mind active.

The general level of incompetence in our government is pathetic. It sickens me to no end.

(I hate to be a pest, but could you change your link to my blog so that it is www.countingmyouts.com?)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:17 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Yes, I will when I have time, mike.

Surgery on the 12th.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Rod said...

140 Big Bets is a bite in the ass and I can totally 100% understand your frustration as I went through a 146 BB drop in 30 hours of play.

Took 44 days to get it back. But you will. As one told me, it's how you take losing that makes you a better player.

THAT IS 100% BS!! If I never lost who cares if I'm a good player! But I understood his concept.

Perhaps you should not play with the Perc's. I suggest you send them my way so you will not be tempted!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Good luck tomorrow, C.L.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I hope all is well, CL

8:20 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

all is well. Typing in a few days.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home