Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Where to go with this thing?

I'm trying to decide what I want to do with this blog. I'm not interested in a running update on how I'm up x number of big blinds today, and down x number next week, etc. Boring to write, even more boring to read (should someone get lost and find this page.)

I think what I'm going to do is use this space as a way to help me noodle through some of the poker theory I'm reading in Malmuth and Sklansky's book on small stakes limit holdem. I'm slowly but surely picking up a piece at a time but there's plenty that I don't understand. In school, I found it helpful to write on a particular subject. Having to explain something coherently helps cement it in my head.

Publishing this here gives me the added benefit of having more knowledgeable players point out mistakes on my part and expand on important points I've overlooked.

A word of warning: a lot of what I write will undoubtedly seem pretty obvious to experience players. Please understand I'm not pontificating to anyone, just trying to expand my own knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home