Thursday, January 11, 2007

Re-Rolled

Back on the money tables. Surprisingly, when on a tear in the Cheapskate Specials (freerolls) and won a whole dollar total on Poker Stars. With some work at the good ole .02-.04 tables (limit) I know have about 1.20 there now.

THEN, I went onto Pokersource.com and got a free roll for Ablsolute Poker. Fifty dollars now, fifty dollars of bonus.

I don't like this site at all. Why?

1. Can't clear the bonus unless you play at least $1/$2 limit. So, I have twenty-five BB's to work with to clear 75 raked hands (at least fifty cents) for each ten bucks. So, I'll probably lose it before clearing any of it.

2. Very few tournaments. Plus, the juice depends on how many people play. So, I could pay a dollar to join and as much as a dollar of juice. Ridiculous.

3. Can only play one freeroll at a time. Wha? How stupid.

4. No 9 table micro limit games. I don't like six max.

It's free money, I guess I shouldn't complain.

I'm ready to write an original story except for one problem. No ideas. I was up late last night trying to think of something worth a damn, but there just isn't any 'there' there. I need to get off the computer and start reading more and watching more movies. That always gets the creative juices going.

I'm going back to work part time next week, thank God. My day is all messed up- up way too late at night, then sleeping a big chunk of the day away. Bored, lonely, and depressed.

Boo hoo me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I'm not an fan of Absolute either. The software looks awful, the bonus clears at a pityful rate unless you're a high roller and it is a rock garden! On the plus side you can get 30% rakeback and the bonuses they offer are plentyful.

Is it in the terms of your free cash you have to play $1/$2? I'm almost certain I cleared a bonus playing $0.50/$1 a year or so ago.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Good to see that you are back in the game, C.L.

I'll second Yorkie's opinion on Absolute. Never cared for it, either. However, free money is free money.

Good luck!

6:34 AM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Yorkshire,

It's not in the terms, but you have to be in hands that generate at least .50 of rake. None of the .50/1 tables I looked at were even close to that.

I'm looking at it as, hey, if I clear it, I clear it. If not, I'll just try to build the 'roll and be thankful for the free cizzash.

(currently, I'm down to about thirty five bucks. I haven't gotten this 1/2 thing figured out.)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home